Facilitation means having workshops and discussions led by someone who provides a neutral external approach.
The facilitator ensures:
- Preparation of the underlying structure
- A targeted, structured approach
- Integration of everyone involved
- That conflicting opinions and standpoints are brought to the fore
- Securing of results, and Decisions on further steps and responsibilities
Facilitation can be appropriate in the following areas:
- Planning and following up projects
- Setting strategies and making decisions
- Review and optimisation of processes
- Following up change processes
- A new organisational approach
- Integration of a new manager into the team
My aim is to call a spade a spade, through clear and provocative enquiry, and to create solutions that will be borne by everyone concerned.